𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐲’𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬. (not including most of the typical princess movies)

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS

This was Disney’s first animated film, and it is still one of the most memorable films out there. It is still so relevant, Walt Disney World dedicated a ride to SWATSD and it holds the longest line wait there as of now. The clever animation, the plotting, the singing and the entire gist of SWATSD forever stays in Disney enthusiasts. This film gets an appreciative 9/10 from me personally. Let’s hope they don’t make a live action version of this timeless piece. 

PINOCCHIO 

One of the best movies to sit down and watch on a sick day, Pinocchio is a masterpiece of animation and story. My mom and I love this movie, even though some parts of the movie still get to us emotionally. This movie makes you care so much about all the characters, you’re cheering on Pinocchio wildly and hoping Charles gets swallowed by the huge whale at the end. It is a cute, funny and intense movie – one of the only Disney films to really capture all kinds of emotion: shock, humor, sadness, anxiety and relief. This movie will always be my go to when I’m just not feeling life. For this one, it gets a 9.5/10.

DUMBO

While, sadly, this film has already had a mediocre remake, Dumbo still remains one of the saddest, yet emotionally compelling, Disney classics ever made. Along with captivating animation, lovable characters and overall a story to remember, Dumbo is a great film for any kid’s morning, afternoon or right-before-bedtime. It has a good message to the film and will forever be a Disney classic way better than the remake that we don’t talk about. 8/10

PETER PAN

If it’s any little girl’s crush of their childhood, it’s Peter Pan. Full of nostalgic songs and an unforgettable story about a trip to Neverland, Peter Pan is that feel-good film that will have you falling under Peter’s spell almost immediately. Nana is still one of my favorite characters, even though the cute dog didn’t make it to Neverland herself, and I forever say that Wendy and Peter are one of the first couples I ever “shipped”. This movie has had many remakes, including an okay sequel, but let’s hope we don’t get a refurbished one in the future. 10/10

ARISTOCATS

I may be a tad biased because I own two cats myself, but Aristocats is simply an iconic movie. I love watching this movie with some biscuits and milk, for some odd reason, and when it is rainy outside. While not one of the most popular Disney classic films, this movie has a simple, but good, storyline, lovable characters and catchy songs. You will even love the dogs in this movie, and feel for the little cat family just trying to get home. This movie gets a 9/10 from me easily.

THE JUNGLE BOOK

A tad sadder than this list of happier movies, The Jungle Book is timeless. Including its astonishingly catchy songs and cute Mowgli, you will love this movie before it even gets to fifteen minutes. It is a very colorful movie as well, with eye-catching animation and great character development through it. You will fear the characters you need to fear and feel for the ones you need to feel, and not a lot of movies can do that so easily. 8/10